Our client is a global manufacturing company based in Rayong, seeking a Manufacturing Manager
- Ensure the working environment is always safe and activities conducted are safe.
- Report incidents such as near miss, accident or equipment / property damage using the reporting system.
- Participate and conduct routine safety audits and action issues identified promptly and reliably.
- Lead and participate in departmental risk assessments.
- Actively promote a risk elimination culture and encourage the reporting and investigation of incidents to ensure the operator's health and safety is considered at all times.
- With support manage return to work programs and injured employees who are off for periods of time.
- Manage the team to apply manufacturing methods using Lean principles to stream line the manufacturing systems and processes.
- Developing processes by applying best practice industrial engineering techniques to improve throughput, productivity and quality.
- Experience in time and motion study, value stream analysis and product/process flow analysis is preferred.
- Directing the team to work with Design engineering to clarify the design intent and make the part within the minimal time and within the quality specifications.
- Work with the Production Manager to provide timely support to improve the production flow.
- Direct the team to eliminate manual errors to progress towards first time right process design and implementation.
- Manage the team to ensure system route timings are in line with the current practices.
- Manage projects to implement work simplification and assembly mechanization/automation to eliminate and reduce non-value add waste activities.
- Develop and lead a team of engineers to implement improvement projects throughout the value stream.
Collaboration & Standardization
- Ensure effective communication between the global Manufacturing Engineering Department and the Thai Manufacturing Engineering Department.
- Ensure Plant and Department standardization in working process and procedures to the Global standard.
- Drive project collaboration for New Product/Process Development between Global and Thai Departments
- Review and communicate projects and activities with Global Manufacturing Operations Manager & Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
- Drive alignment of production process and documentation with Global Manufacturing Engineering Department.
- Establish and facilitate quality feedback sessions in order to improve quality audits, installations and warranty.
- Manage the introduction of change notes into production once released by Supply & Logistics.
- Review and improve work practices to improve efficiency and product quality.
- Manage and monitor the Department budget allocation.
- Drive a team orientated environment and co-operation with production staff.
- Provide and facilitate training to staff that includes; the safe operation of the machine, manufacturing process, and ancillary equipment.
- Mange approved flexible time and absenteeism for the Department.
- Monitor and manage the performance of your staff.
- Conduct effective employee relations by applying the company policies. Provide feedback to management about employee relations issues and or grievances.
- Maintain an accurate and current skill profile of all personnel.
Design & Data Management
- Manage the manufacturing engineering database precisely so that the errors are kept to a minimum
- Create policies and communicate MRP related information to internal stake holders
- Ensure high level of data integrity is maintained to improve the accuracy of information
- Coordinate and contribute positively to all the continuous improvement projects to achieve departmental goals and budgets.
- Identify, document and plan action on kaizen projects
- Identify bottleneck processes and define solutions.
- Identify and plan the support material required to achieve quality in assembly.
- Participate in cost saving activities to justify departmental objectives
- Bachelor Degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent
- At least 5 years’ experience in manufacturing with 2-3 years in management
- Proven ability to autonomously manage projects, prioritizing tasks and delivering within agreed time frame.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise and negotiate with internal and external customers.
- Proven understanding of financial aspects relating to engineering and project cost management.
- A detailed knowledge of mechanical manufacturing, production, and electrical processes.
- Ability to comprehend the design principles and apply them to process engineering.
- Proven skills in Microsoft Office applications particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to design using Siemens NX11 is desirable but not essential.
- Ability to design using Autodesk AutoCAD is desirable but not essential.
- Demonstrated ability to use and comprehend ERP or MRP systems.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills is a must.
- Common understanding of routes and BOM structures.
- Demonstrated understanding of problem solving techniques and root cause analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to develop clear written documentation for internal customers.
To apply for this job, click on the apply button or contact the consultant above directly.
(*Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.)