Our client, a website training online company, is now looking for an experienced candidate to join as a VP Technology Team
VP Technology Team’s role is to assure the successful execution of the company’s business mission though development and deployment of the company’s IT infrastructure, technology, systems and applications. This requires envisioning the company’s service offerings as a business application, leading implementation of applications, and planning for risk and growth.
Strategy & Planning
- In partnership with the company’s founders, identify opportunities and risks for delivering the company’s services, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to the business success.
- Identify technology trends and evolving behavior that may support the success of the business
- Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms (including web application frameworks and the deployment stack) for delivering the company’s services.
- Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, development, and deployment of all application services.
- Participate as a member of the senior management team in establishing governance processes of direction and control to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately and the organization’s resources are used responsibly, particularly in the real of software development, office networks and computers and telecommunications.
- Collaborate with the appropriate departments to access and recommend technologies that support company organizational needs.
- Establish/improve a governance process that meets government, partner, and company expectations for customer information privacy.
- Select and manage company staff who will work as developer conforming to application standards.
Implementation & Deployment
- Ensure that project development could be deliver in timely-manner and also ensure quality of product
- Collaborate with the founders and potential customers to develop use cases (or user stories) and specifications that describe the implementation of the company’s service as a web application.
- Collaborate with a User Experience Design team and potential customers to prepare wireframes or mockups of a prototype of the company’s web application.
- Select, define and improve the company’s software development methodology.
- Establish and improve coding conventions and documentation standards.
- Review current best practices for the selected framework and establish the initial architecture for the application.
- Establish and improve the software development process, setting short-term objectives and assessing progress as defined by the selected software development methodology.
- Establish and supervise a quality assurance process, including integration and system testing.
- Select, deploy and monitor performance profiling tools and procedures.
- Review and approve proposed development releases and manage the release process.
- Establish/improve an application deployment process and supervise deployment to staging and production servers.
- Monitor application performance and review any application failure in staging or production.
- Establish and monitor application analytics tools that measures site traffic and application usage relative to business goals.
- Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide information security plan that protects the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the company’s data and servers.
- Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Ensure company technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Company Operational Management
- Co-ordinate with other team to ensure every company operations are run well with well-prepared IT system supported.
- Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization
- Share knowledge, mentor, and educate the organization’s investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders with regard to the company’s technological vision, opportunities, and challenges.
- Supervise recruitment, training, retention, and organization of all development staff in accordance with the company hiring process, personnel policies, and budget requirements.
- Establish standards of performance and monitor conformance for staff (through performance review) and vendors (through service level agreements).
- Ensure the company’s internal technological processes and customer-facing services comply with community expectations and applicable laws and regulations for privacy, security, and social responsibility.
- Communicate the company’s technology strategy to investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders.
- Support the marketing process by providing implementation of technical requirements for Internet marketing and search engine optimization.
- As a member of the senior management team, establish a customer service and support process, with particular responsibility for services that implement the support function.
- Always join team party
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Software Development, or IT related field.
- 8+ years software engineering and IT experience
- Proven track record of success in IT leadership positions
- Familiarity with marketing platforms, programs and policies
- Extensive project management and organization skills
- Master of the technical hiring process
- Master degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Software Development, or IT related field.
- IT related certificate eg. Scrum master, PMP, developer expert etc.
- Experience with IT security
- Experience with Video streaming
To apply for this job, click on the apply button or contact the consultant above directly.
(*Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.)