- Maintaining strong industry knowledge; stay abreast of current trends, pricing and new technology related to industry or technical practice to facilitate and add value in evaluation and recommendation of new processes.
- Identifying proactively opportunities and/or risks, potential solutions, and key trends relating to the area of domain expertise, including development and enhancement of IP
- Developing and publishing thought leadership and new perspectives, including company Points of View, and educating key stakeholders internally and externally
- Living and breathing the company Core Values and Mission Critical Behaviors, and coaching others to do the same
- Overseeing project team’s performance and quality of delivery, offering guidance and advice where needed and providing necessary feedback to the team (as an instrumental part of their development) and to management as appropriate.
- Offering guidance and support to the team - especially junior resources, regarding best practices in project management, execution of deliverables and interactions with clients
- Implementing project management practices to ensure the effective execution of the project, including project planning, project governance and risk management.
- At an advanced level, effectively manages a large engagement or several smaller engagements simultaneously that deliver value to clients.
- Supporting execution of an assessment or implementation project to accelerate organizational transformation and results delivery using relevant methodologies and approaches. For example,
- A Manager with domain expertise in Mining might design and conduct a risk assessment at a Mining site and lead development of recommendations resulting from the findings
- A Manager with domain expertise in Digital might identify an appropriate technology to address a client risk and lead a proof-of-concept trial
- Structuring problems effectively to develop key insights and sound recommendations that identify and close performance gaps for the client
- Writing and presenting independent analyses and recommendations that influence and persuade clients including difficult audiences to achieve desired outcomes
- Facilitating team / client meetings effectively to drive decisions or alignment or manage change among a diverse group.
- Managing high level interactions, developing rapport, respect with key client stakeholders.
- Supporting quality control of client deliverables by conducting peer reviews, etc.
- Providing domain expertise as part of proposal development and support other team members (e.g. Principal / Director) in meetings and presentations with clients to actively contribute to revenue
- Playing an integral role in drafting and presenting proposals to drive execution of an assessment or implementation project.
- Contributing to defining scope of work, objectives, deliverables, and timeframes to drive execution of an assessment or implementation project
- At an advanced level, playing an integral role as part of account teams to prospect for new clients and growing existing clients, by supporting DSS Leadership to proactively identify business leads and targets, build a strong pipeline, and progress opportunities along the pipeline to generate sales.
Knowledge, Educational Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a business-related major (i.e. management or finance) or engineering
- Relevant post-graduate degree in field of expertise (e.g. innovation, risk management, etc.)
- 8-10 years of associated industry / technical and client facing experience / exposure
- Prior experience in established consulting firms
- Technical knowledge and expertise in relevant field of experience is preferred
- Project Management and strategic planning
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Analytical Skills > Quantitative and Qualitative Analysis
- Time Management / Prioritization Skills
- Stakeholder engagement and relationship management
- Business Development