We are currently recruiting for Senior Business Intelligence Analyst Position for Education online company.
Business Intelligence Analyst will be part of the Strategy &
Enterprise Solution team and work to ensure the team has the tools,
models, data sources, and technical knowledge they require,
with an emphasis on dashboarding, data visualization and building
models to drive strategy.
This person should enjoy managing high volumes of commercial, financial, and operational data
and be comfortable creating dashboards and providing insightful analyses. They will have the opportunity to directly influence senior management, and their contributions will have a wide-ranging impact on the commercial decisions of our business.
The team’s culture is centered around rapid iteration with open feedback and debate along the
way, plus strong collaboration with product, content, business, and marketing partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Turn complex data from varying sources and formats into informative and actionable insights
- Build dashboards, self-service tools, and reports to analyze and present data associated with customer experience, product performance, business operations, and strategic initiatives.
- Provide coverage on ad-hoc analysis from diverse partners and automate those needs over time
- Successfully bridge analytics and business, the ability to speak the language of both.
II. Data Solution
- Streamline reports, processes, and procedures, and implement best practices for the team
- Engage with Product, Business, Engineering, and Marketing teams to capture requirements,
- influence end-state way we make decisions, and craft BI tools to support those partners
- Closely partner with our technology team to develop global BI dashboards, data pipelines, sophisticated security controls, and scalable ad-hoc reporting including infrastructure investments in support of BI needs
III. Quality Control & Monitoring
- Provision, management, and maintenance of dashboards and reports, as well as underlying data sources
- Identification of data quality problems and significant emerging trends at the earliest possible opportunity
- Improvements in the processes, methodology, and accuracy of forecasts and reports
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills paired with great attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to handle work to tight deadlines and the pressure of executive requests.
- 3+ years of experience in a Data Visualization, Data Scientist, or Data Analyst role, preferably for a digital subscription business.
- Strong ability to write complex SQL queries and manage databases
- Proficiency in data visualization tools such as Tableau for full-stack data analysis, insight
- synthesis, and presentation.
- You are energized by translating raw data into decision-relevant insights and thrive providing your internal customers with what they need to excel.
- Advanced Excel modeling (VBA a bonus)
- Solid technical/functional knowledge in statistics; experience with R or similar
- Experience with MongoDB
- Accounting/Financial knowledge and commercial acumen