Our client, an integrated Financial Group (IFA), is now looking for an experienced candidate to join as the Business Systems Analyst.
We have an exciting role in our Thailand office as a Business Systems Analyst. This person will elicit, analyze, communicate and validate business/user requirements for processes, policies and information systems. Translate business needs/end-user requirements into functional specifications that describe what the system, process or product/service must do to fulfill the end-user/business requirements.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operation time and form of desired results.
- Includes analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements and translation into proper system requirement specifications.
- Influences business partners and service providers regarding priorities, hardware/software selection and/or vendor selection.
- Analyzes marketplace, industry, company, technology trends and best practices, vendor products and services, etc.
- Identifies and documents business strategies, objectives and drivers.
- Analyzes and documents business processes and metrics, and identifies improvement opportunities.
- Calculates/estimates costs and benefits of alternative actions or solutions to establish their
- Re-engineers processes to deliver greater effectiveness and efficiency.
- Identifies/documents how applications and systems interact to support business processes.
- Assesses, applies and projects the impact of system changes on users and internal and external clients or stakeholders.
- Uses knowledge of systems and industry requirements to develop or modify complex information systems.
- Writes test plans and test cases to ensure changes which are made to the application meet client needs and that application integrity is maintained.
- Conducts a variety of tests such as system, integration, readiness and acceptance tests. Ensures changes made by programmers are correct.
- Conducts tests using client data to be certain client needs will be met.
- Verifies through testing that changes made by programmers to one part of the application do not impact other parts.
- Reports and reviews testing results.
- Trains internal employees or external clients on changes, new systems or new procedures. Conducts one-on-one or classroom training depending upon the size or desire of the audience.
- May mentor, guide, advise and/or check the work of less experienced business systems analysts.
- Considers business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Computer Science or Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Master’s degree desirable.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 5-10 years’ experience as a Business Analyst implementing business processes of Tellering or Teller operations, Deposit, Lending and General Ledger projects in the banking and financial industry.
- Knowledge of FIS’ products and services.
- Knowledge of financial services industry.
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development.
- Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors.
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resource
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills.
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take.
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed.
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas.
To apply for this job, click on the apply button or contact the consultant above directly.
(*Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.)