Purpose of Role:
To administer and maintain all aspects of the Australian Accounts Payable function for ledger A-I, & all aspects of the New Zealand Accounts Payable function.
Core Role - Payables Functions:
Supplier Account Maintenance:
· Ensure all supplier master-files are maintained and kept up-to-date in a timely and accurate manner.
· Ensure all account applications for new supplier accounts are completed accurately & in a timely manner.
· Monitor individual credit limits on supplier accounts & advise Finance Manager of any needed increases.
· Engage in appropriate communications and reviews on creditor accounts in managing disputes, creditor balance confirmations, and any other records as required for audit purposes.
· Ensure appropriate records are properly archived for a minimum of seven years as required by law
· Matching supplier invoices to purchase orders, packing slips and GRNI, and checking prices and other details to ensure correct for stock purchases.
· Ensure accurate processing of all other invoices, credit notes and payments for an assigned supplier groups insuring, correct coding of invoices, accurate input of invoices & distribution of invoices for appropriate authorization.
· Reconcile Goods Received Not Invoiced (GRNI) accounts and related statements. Review GRNI reports for outstanding items to vendor statements on a monthly basis.
· Reconcile creditors accounts to statements on a monthly basis
· Expense Administration via company Concur system.
· Administrating & processing of payments, monthly, weekly and manual ad-hoc. Both local and overseas.
· As part of processing payments, ensure intercompany netting payments & reconciliations are completed on a monthly basis, &, there is effective management of all intercompany supplier accounts.
· Manage intercompany netting monthly payment.
· Loading payments into HSBC banking system of all cash transfers to related companies / corporate.
Occupational Health, Safety & Welfare:
· Ensure that Occupational Health, Safety and Welfare is a primary consideration in your job and company processes.
· Understand and implement company OHS&W requirements applicable to your role.
· Report and manage corrections for incidents which endanger the environment or people.
Qualifications & Experience:
· Experience in Accounts Payable, & Payments.
· Basic accounting knowledge off accounting, & solid reconciliation skills.
· Experience with the suite of Microsoft Office software products, particularly Word and Excel.
· A high level of professional personal presentation and customer service.
· Ability to communicate effectively with external and internal customers.
· JD Edwards, or SAP, or similar large ERP system Experience
· Problem Solving – Following processes to get answers to issues
· Distribution, Service or Healthcare industry experience is an advantage
Personal Trait Profile:
· Planning & Organising
· Customer Focus
· Analytical Ability
· Dependability/ Knowledge of work